The first question often asked is "Am I insured for this?"

The middle of an emergency is usually a confusing time, and being able to rely on someone else can go a long way towards helping with your sanity! Krave Restoration management has many years of insurance claim knowledge, and can help you every step of the way.

Keep your insurance papers handy!

Knowing who to contact and how to reach them is important, so keep your house insurance papers somewhere you can access them quickly. Then just hand them to us and we will walk you through all the steps to follow once we talk to your insurance broker on your behalf.

  1. Report the incident to your insurance broker. Make sure you have your policy number, and a police report handy if there is one.
  2. Make a detailed inventory, describing the damages and loss to your home, property, and personal belongings. Take pictures or videos, if possible, which capture the damage.
  3. Make sure to keep all receipts of all expenditures, including hotel accommodations, restaurant receipts, etc, since most home insurance policies to cover temporary expenditures.
  4. Do not dispose of any damaged personal property without letting your insurance agent or claims advisor know first.
  5. Provide all applicable documentation such as proof of ownership and original purchase receipts to support your claim.
  6. At some point shortly after the initial report, most insurance companies bring in an insurance adjuster to evaluate the extent of the damage and the cost of repair.
  7. Insurance companies will often have a list of Preferred Vendors such as Krave Restoration, but we can certainly help you immediately and simplify the process for you by working directly with your insurance company ourselves.

Are there different types of claims?

The short answer is yes. For instance, if you have water damage caused by natural disasters such as floods, your insurance claim will follow a completely different procedure than if your damage is caused by man-made causes such as burst pipes, overflowed bathtubs, etc.

If a tree falls on your house and is caused by wind, again your insurance claim will follow a completely different process than if your damage is caused by your next-door neighbour improperly cutting down his tree!

What if I am not covered for the damage, or I don't have insurance?

Whether the damage is covered by homeowner insurance or not, Krave Restoration can help! We deal directly with the property owner, and our work estimates are highly competitive and reasonable.